Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Love banana bread? Love chocolate? This chocolate banana recipe combines the two. A chocolate twist on an old time favorite.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees farenheight. Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg.
Stir in the vanilla, mashed banana, and sour cream.
- Gently mix in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips until well incorporated
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove the bread from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Turn the bread out onto a rack to cool completely.