No Melt Suet for Birds Recipe
BIRD FEEDING RECIPE
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Optional: Add chopped nuts, sunflower seeds
A nice variety of birds love eating this no melt peanut butter suet. It's great for winter time feeding. Provides the birds with lots of nourishment to get them through the cold and stormy winter weather. But the really nice thing about this peanut butter suet, you can put it out any time of year and it won't melt. Even in hot weather it holds up well. We recommend keeping shaded for hot weather.
- Melt the peanut butter over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold all ingredients..
- Mix dry ingredients -quick oats, cornmeal and flour together in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients mixture to melted peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Optional: Add chopped nuts, sunflower seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- If the mixture appears to soft and sticky, add more flour and cornmeal.
If the mixture appears too crumbly and dry, add more peanut butter.
- Fill old plastic containers with warm suet mix. -
Several 8 ounce containers work nicely.
Punch holes in the container near the top edges before filling and string with wire for hangingfrom tree branches, pergolas, porch rafters, etc.
- Store containers in freezer until ready to use.