Rye Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup milk (lukewarm)
- 3 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 pkg. Yeast
- 3 to 4 Tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rye flour
This rye roll recipe takes a bit of time, but only waiting for dough to rise. Otherwise these rye rolls are quite an easy recipe to make and delicious to eat. Great rolls for making your favorite hot or cold sandwiches.
- Combine 1 cup milk (lukewarm), 3 Tbsp butter (melted), 1 tsp sugar in a bowl. Mix.
- Add 1 egg (beaten) to bowl mixing ingredients again.
- Combine 1 pkg. yeast, 3 to 4 Tbsp warm water and 1 tsp sugar, allowing yeast to dissolve and start to work.
- Add yeast mixture to milk, butter, and sugar mixture.
- Mix 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 1/2cups flour, 1 cup rye flour together.
- Add flours and salt mixture to the moist ingredients.
- Beat ingredients in a mixer bowl using a dough hook on your mixer until dough pulls away from the bowl.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead for 5 to 6 minutes until smooth and soft.
- Place kneaded dough into a greased glass bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow dough to rise in a warmed oven about 1 hour. (Until double in size)
- Punch down dough, divide evenly into 8 pieces, knead each piece then roll into a ball shape.
- Place the 8 dough balls in a greased baking pan. Let rise again in a warm oven. (until double in size)
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.
- Remove from oven and pan, brush tops with butter, let cool.